The world of manufacturing is changing and as it becomes harder and harder for factories to secure orders from retailers. Factories who understand the need to adapt, will be able to keep ahead of their competition.
We have put together a special training course, specifically for supplier and factory staff and non designers, like merchandisers and sourcing staff, to help them understand Mood Boards, which means you’ll be able to help serve your clients better and secure more orders.
This training is designed to help increase the offers that you, as a factory or supplier, can give to brands and retailers. By the end of the course, you and your staff will be able to receive a mood board from a third party or trend book, understand it and then be able to source fabrics, trims or design samples, based on the needs of your customer.
Previous factories who have taken this course, have found large differences in the quality and quantity of their orders, just by adapting the colour of the samples they send to a client. By being able to have stock fabric, yarn and trims in the correct colours for the season, ready for sampling, they have also sped up sampling times and reduced the amount of samples they have had to make during the sampling process. This means that they save costs of materials and wages, as well as allowing them to offer tailored designs and samples as suppliers, or more accurate samples to buyers, increasing orders.
Our training has been found to increase factory orders by up to 73%, just by being pro-active and allowing staff to be future focused. Offering clients products before the competition and producing more accurate, trend based samples.
We recommend this course for factory staff and non designers, including merchandisers, sourcing agents and sample room managers, who want to know how to read ready made mood boards from clients and additional sources.
The course is a day course and takes around 7 hours to complete.
This is not a scheduled course. Please send us an email with your interest and to arrange a day for training to be given. You can do that by clicking HERE and filling out the contact form.
Please read the Terms and Conditions below for more details.
HK$ 7,000 per person.
The content of the day course includes:
Explanations on Mood Boards and how to read and understand them.
Understanding the imagery used in Mood Boards
Understanding themes and how / where to check meanings
The workshop will also include worksheets and tasks to develop skills and check understanding throughout the day. All materials are supplied.
T’s & C’s
- All courses can be arranged at our office in Hong Kong or at a location of your choice. Additional costs for travel or accommodation, will be added to the price of the course.
- All content of the courses are strictly confidential and are not used in promotional material.
- Each course must have a minimum of 8 people, in order to run, but they do not have to be from the same company.
- This course is not a scheduled course. You will need to inform us of your interest and we will book in a time and day that is convenient for you.
- Each course is conducted in English. Please inform us if you require additional language considerations.
- All materials are provided for this course.
- All payments must be completed at least 7 days before the course starts.
- Attendance can be cancelled, as long as you notify us via email at least 7 days in advance, which includes a refund. Due to the limited seating restrictions for some courses, we cannot offer refunds within 7 days of the start of the course. Any courses cancelled where alternative locations have been arranged, including accommodation and flights, refunds are not given under any circumstances once venues, flights and accommodation have been booked.